Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Not trading being human for being spiritual

I have no way of proving much of what I say, truth be told I'm too lazy to prove anything. I go more by gut feeling, I follow a feeling or a sense I get inside, I ride a wave to the best of my ability and sometimes I screw up royally.

And here's what I wanted to write. The spiritual path has a sort of progression. And I don't know if any of this is true, but here's my sense. You're human, you either suffer or come up with a deep and great question somehow and then you become spiritual. When you become spiritual, you get lost and forget you're human. Time plays a huge part in all of this, even though not many people seem to be talking about it. It's not convenient and people don't like to hear it I guess. But this stuff takes yeeeears. Then you get feel weird being spiritual and something doesn't ring as true. Something itches and bothers you. And then you want to be human again but you feel guilty and you feel like you're going backwards. You're afraid you're going to go back and be the same dude you were when you first started. Bullshit. You won't. But somehow your brain shuts down and doesn't let you or something.

Then you have no clue what's going to happen. And even though that was always the case, you never saw it so clearly and it never bothered you as much as it does now. Growth starts to feel weird and counter-intuitive and definitely not fun. You become human again.

Don't trade being human for being spiritual... even though it might be an inevitable step, keep going until you're human again.

No comments:

Post a Comment