Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Obsession With The Dark

Call me a hypocrite, but I am obsessed with how obsessed with darkness and heaviness we are. We are obsessed with the “bad” news; our creative contributions can often be depressing, dark images, songs, poems and art in general. We just seem to completely dismiss the light. When we talk about something, it’s usually about the worst possible thing that happened; we are always talking about what gets us down, angry, upset and anything but light and zestful. It’s amazing!

Yeah, this note is more of the same, I get it… but sometimes you have to use a thorn to take out the thorn that got in your foot. Sometimes the antidote is the poison itself and that’s what this post is all about. I am so upset with how we reduce ourselves to poor, unworthy, hopeless victims. I am so upset at how we endlessly dwell on the dark and heavy side of life. I am not asking us to deny it either, that would just lead to a bunch of disconnected, immature morons, which would probably make matters worse. What I am saying is, can we keep our perspectives totally open? Can we include it all and not just focus on the heavy, gross bits? Can we expand our consciousness and awareness to include it all? Can we have it all?

I think we can, I know I have it all – the good, the bad, the so-so, the plain, the sophisticated, the everything, the nothing, the life, the death… all of it. What one can do, all can do. Do it! Let it ALL in! Come into alignment with the totality of what IS (notice I didn't say with what "should" be) – and MOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment