Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why You Volunteered To Be Here

So imagine you’re a soul, and you’re up in the sky and you look down and see what’s going on at planet Earth. You see there’s a tremendous amount of pain and suffering going on. Beautiful you tells God: “Hey God, I want to go down there and help.” And God says: “Are you sure you want to go down there my love? Do you know what you’re getting yourself into?” And you say “Well, I can’t know what I am getting myself into, it does look pretty messy and painful down there, but I want to give it a shot anyway. Besides, I see there’s a bunch of cool stuff down there too… TV, cars, money, sex, flowers, friends, family, respect, love, admiration, success – I kind of want to see how those things feel” And God says “I understand my beloved, but you have all you could possibly need up here with me,” And you say, “I know God, but I really, really want to go down there and help out and see what it’s all about” God finally says: “Okay, you are free to go, you are always free and have always been free, but just know this: you may forget this when you go down there. You may get overwhelmed by the pain and suffering and you may completely lose the sense of freedom for quite some time. You will most likely forget this day and forget me, you will probably learn about some false me and you’ll struggle to find me again.”

Boom! Crash! Here you are! Of course by now, you’ve forgotten all of it and now you think it’s all about you. You think it’s all about what you think, what you feel, what you go through, what you want, what you don’t want, etc. It’s all about YOU. It’s all become a “me, me, me” game. What my parents did to me, how my parents are to me, what the world is to me, how the world is to me, what God did to me, how God is to me. It’s all revolves around me! As I'm sure you know, a life lived like this becomes tremendously painful; after all you’ve innocently decided to perceive it in a way where you are the only pressure point in existence.

Try to remember that conversation you had with God, your original, most pure intent was not to get lost in the pain you chose to embody in order to be in this world, it was more about healing that pain and continuing to heal all the pain you encounter at each moment. That is why you and I are here – of course we are also here to experience all the rest of the stuff that comes with this creation. Remember your spiritual origin, remember your spiritual intention, and remember your spiritual roots. Once you are clear on why you are here, you will be much more available to enjoy this insane ride. You will experience the joy of the gift of having been allowed to embody in this messy planet to have a shot at healing all the pain you had to take on and beyond. It is beautiful. Just remember and you will see! Believe me, I know! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment