Sunday, July 25, 2010

Shame, shame, shame!

A lot of us are waiting to improve certain aspects of our lives before we get help from another. Wow! Yeah! This really does happen and I think it's likely due to shame! It’s so funny. Many of us are trying to lose some weight before we join the gym! Don’t you think that’s funny? The gym is one of the best tools we use to lose weight! Some of us are waiting to get in better shape to start a psychotherapy phase! Wow! Isn’t that funny? Psychotherapy is one of the best tools you can use to see through patterns that keep you from going to the gym and taking it seriously.

Some of us are waiting to get better at reading and writing before we actually decide to go to college! Wow! Isn’t that funny? College is a perfect place for us to improve our reading and writing skills.

Shame! Shame! Shame! That’s what it looks like it all boils down to. Most of us are waiting to improve before we decide to commit to an improvement discipline. It’s so funny! It’s like a double negative thing going on in human consciousness, a conflict that cancels out and drains precious energy and keeps many of us stuck in patterns of mediocrity.

Do I happen to understand why we do this? I believe so, it is called fear. Do I understand this fear? I believe so, it is called the drive to survive. Do I understand our natural desire to survive? I believe so, it seems to be an inherent quality within all living forms.

I understand, I understand, I understand. But STILL, when we get focused and honest we will see that most of us are being unreasonable, illogical and irrational -- and even that, I understand! There is nothing wrong with us, we are not alone, we are all in this together!

Now if we're tired of the way we are or have been for longer than we're proud of, let's question our beliefs and prove ourselves wrong!!! We might find out that we've been totally wrong about the way we've been seeing things... the worst that can happen is CHANGE! A change that might lead to the reduction or perhaps even the end of SHAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment